3/20/2011

Quote for the week


When you listen with your heart together we will find the way.

The DOR has had a difficult time coping with my condition. She has put on a brave face for the past year and a half. She is worried about where this road I am on is taking us. What she does know is that no matter the outcome I will always need to be in her life. She has practiced listening to her heart when it comes to me...she knows that it is the only way to know what to do. When she listens with her heart I can then whisper to her where we should go. I am ready for a rider once again and have let her know that. This means she has to let me travel to the equine therapist so I can learn to carry a rider properly an rebuild my muscle memory. This is a big step for both of us because we do not like being apart, but it is a necessary step.
I challenge all of you to sit with your furry family, clear your mind, and listen with your heart. You will be amazed at what you hear.
Enjoy your day and don't forget to hug your DOR!

2 comments:

Leah Fry said...

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, son.

Powell River Books said...

It is the same with humans. My mom is going to rehab since her spinal cord injury in September. She too is working on her muscle memory and strengthening muscles that have weakened without use. Good for both of you. - Margy

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates