This is my poor Shandi Doll. Don't worry the pictures are from a week ago and she is back to normal. She has a horrible allergic reaction to something. She was fine at 8:30 pm and looked like this at 8:00 am the next day. The vet came out and gave her two shots to help. The vet says we were lucky her windpipe did not swell shut and that she was smart enough not to try and eat which might have caused her to choke. We are not sure what caused the reaction and the vet speculates that it may not happen again.
Even with her hives I think she is lovely, after all I am Uncle Jack.
I am posting this to remind humans that we horses have allergies also and can have horrible reactions that are dangerous for us.
Enjoy your day and don't forget to hug your DOR!


Unknown said...

Holy Hives! That's awful!

Paint Girl said...

Wow! That is terrible! Poor baby!
I have seen allergic reactions in horses, but nothing like that! So happy to hear that she is better now!


Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates