4/02/2012

Little Sister...

This is Little Sister on the day she came to live at the ranch with the DOR.  She is Friend's mom and the DOR wanted to make sure she would always be safe and taken care of after loosing Friend.

 She is now looking really good and hanging out with the mare herd.  She loves chasing the little calves that sneak in under the fence. She was born in 1991 and spent her life giving birth to some very successful babies.

 This is an impromptu ride that she gave to the DOR's grand daughter.  She has given several more pony rides this year.  The DOR is going to start her under saddle and see how it goes.  She will be the oldest horse that she has started.  Sister is such a good horse and so smart that it should go smoothly.
People will often ask why the DOR would take in an old, half blind horse in such bad shape.  She has a simple answer:
Because of love...All sentient beings deserve to be loved and protected.  In return Little Sister has given so much back to the people who surround her.
The next post I am going to share the story of another herd mate.
Enjoy your day and don't forget to hug your DOR!

3 comments:

Powell River Books said...

What an amazing change. - Margy

restoration42 said...

Ah, Red Horse here Jack. Now tell me why you are talking about this lil filly like she is an "old" horse? Born in 1991? Heck, I was born in 1991 and I'm barely out of colthood. She's lookin' mighty fine to me.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

You are right Red, I guess I should call her mature.
By the way she is also a cousin of my sister Hanna and I. The DOR must really like our breeding ;)

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates