9/07/2009

Fate is a fickle master

Fate is a fickle and cruel master. The DOR was planning on spending lots of time with me this three day weekend. What happens? She came out early Saturday and mucked the paddock, gave scritches, and sprayed us. She was going to ride Saturday evening when she came out, but it started to rain. Drat fate and its cruel jokes.
It was probably a good thing that she couldn't ride because I really needed her help. You see the winter hay pile is stacked right by my pasture, the part that I walk up to get to the paddock and water. The hay pile is now wearing one of my boogers...a blue tarp. The wind was blowing, the tarp was noisy, and I was sure that it would eat me...I couldn't get to the paddock for my treats. Shandi worked her way through it on her own, she doesn't know they will eat a horse so she just ran past it. I tried, I really did. The DOR waited patiently and told me I was okay, but I just couldn't get up the alley. The DOR brought out my treat tub to me, I stuck my nose in, and together we slowly made our way past the blue tarp. As we went by the DOR to me I was a big, brave horse. She also told the blue tarp it had to leave me alone or she would cut it to bits. I think she scared the tarp because it has left me alone every since.
The DOR ended up getting sick, I think it is from the rain and doing battle with the tarp. She has been home with a sinus infection and an upset stomach. Get well soon DOR, I will take care of the tarp for you when you are out next.
Enjoy your day and don't forget to hug your DOR

6 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Tell the DOR , that she is one of the kindest people I have heard of, and to get well soon

Florida Beach Basics said...

fate is indeed fickle when you are sick over a holiday weekend! hope you are feeling better, DOR. Jack - you can beat that tarp if you keep working at it. marge

restoration42 said...

Get well DOR. I think it is the "back to work" bug. I've got it and am also down for the 3 day weekend.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Kid cooties....back to school is hard

kden said...

I hope you feel better soon. It's always great when the kids back to school and bring home all sorts of things. I wanted to thank you for visiting and commenting on my daughter's blog (Life of a High Schooler) often. She enjoys it a lot when you visit.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

kden,
I enjoy reading her blog. She is the same age as my youngest son.

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates