9/05/2009

Freedom speaks Saturday

Trudy is one tough hen. She avoids Salty's and my hooves, flies up into the trees to roost or escape the ranch dogs, and made her way to the ranch all on her own. She reminds me of myself...tough as nails with lots of character.
The other day we thought Trudy was a goner for sure. She and I were busy sharing dinner, talking about the good old days, when one of the dogs managed to surprise her. He carried her off! I watched helplessly, worried that my friend was going to be dinner. Luckily the ranch manager saw what happened and got Trudy away from the dog. At first it was thought that Trudy was dead. Turned out the old girl was playing dead, which was good because that kept the dog from really chomping on her. She was a bit shocky the first night, we weren't sure she would pull through. She just laid in a little heap, looking horrible. The humans took real good care of her and she is tough, she is recovering nicely. She is living in a stall in the barn, getting fed my feed. I think she is getting a bit spoiled. She is now up and walking! She has an open window that she can go out once she feels up to doing that. I just hope than when she hops out that window that Jack doesn't try to keep her for himself. TRUDY IS MY CHICKEN!!! Do you hear me Jack? Don't make me have to whump on your twerpy spotted butt. How are you going to live down getting whumped by a toothless, scrawny old man? You will be laughed out of the "Burly he man gelding club". So save yourself some grief and send Trudy back to me once she hops out the window.
Life is so good! Oh and Jack told me to remember to say: Enjoy your day and don't forget to hug your DOR

PS
Please send prayers to Quad at desert horses
He is colicking and hasn't pooped yet. Cheryl takes good care of her horses and suffered the tragic loss of Beauty not long ago, please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. This one hits us close to home....

6 comments:

Sally in WA said...

I do hope Trudy recovers. But I'm staying out of the claiming stakes on this one! :)

Betty said...

I too,hope Trudy is going to be alright. I don't know if Jack would try to take her away fron you ,but I think he has a big enough heart(the one on his butt) to know that Trudy is your chicken,and won't take her away from you.
~~Hugs and Smooches To you and Jack ~~

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Freedom , so glad your friend is OK .Tough little bird!

mommanator said...

omg, this was seriously funny! or was it serious but funny?Ya have to see the humor in daily activities dont ya!

Daisy said...

I hope Trudy feels all better soon. She seems like a good chicken friend.

Desert Rose said...

Prayers sent to all four animal buddy's!!!

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates