9/13/2009

Quote for the week


"You think you lost your horse? Who knows, he may bring a whole herd back to you someday."(The story goes that an old man lost his horse. As he was remorsing, the animal returned bringing at his heels a herd more. It is thus regarded as a 'Blessing in disguise".)
-Chinese Proverb


Well the DOR dealt with a lost horse. The mare didn't bring a whole herd with her when she was returned to a home. What she did do is create a network of people who rose to her aide. I am impressed that so many humans would band together to help a little mare. The DOR says this happens more often than I know. Well to all of you out there who help horses GOOD ON YOU!
The DOR and I are hitting the trail today. The SCC is riding Coelho, along with another friend going. If I end up following Quaalude I may have to show him my pearly whites close up...nibbling his painted butt.
Enjoy your day and don't forget to hug your DOR

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even if you don't like him, don't bite his butt - it's bad manners!

Betty said...

There are a lot of good humans out there as well as horses,You are one of them so don't bite to hard.
Did I ever tell you that one of my distant relatives was Justin Morgan.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Betty,
That is so cool. He was an amazing man.

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates