5/16/2009

Clinic time

The DOR and I are spending today and tomorrow at a clinic. Good thing too! We have been apart for three weeks and we need to get to know each other again. Like humans who go off to boot camp, trail horse boot camp has change me.

Bill Basham will be teaching a Horsemanship and Biomechanics of Riding Clinic. Bill is well known in the Northwest for his practical natural horsemanship methods. His training center is in Potlatch, ID at Full Circle Ranch. He has specialized in endurance riding and training endurance riders, working cow clinics, training hundreds of horses under saddle, and teaching numerous people how to have a better relationship with their horses. Bill's mentors include Tom Dorrance, Ray Hunt, and Buck Brannaman. He has also been studying with Wendy Murdoch to learn how to help his students advance their skills in the saddle.
I will give a report on Monday.
Have a great weekend!
Enjoy your day and don't forget to hug your DOR

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I am thrilled you got your boy back. You and Shelly need to come over and we can ride the John Wayne trail for a bit before it gets too hot.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

ad you are back , have a good weekend at the clinic!

Pony Girl said...

Oh wow, sounds great, Jack! I can't wait to hear more about it. I have never heard of Bill Basham, but I will check him out. I hope you were a good boy!

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates