10/10/2009

Freedom speaks Saturday


What is an old guy to do?
The grass is too short for me to gum and there are only so many times I can amble around the pasture. Mushboy brings me warm mush twice a day...it is delicious.
So what does this old guy do? I eat my mush, take a lap or two around the pasture to check things out, and drink some water. After I do all of that I go to the top of the little hill in the pasture, lay down and take a nap. I sleep, roll up and scratch my belly, get up to get a drink of water, amble a bit, then I take another nap. I repeat this several times a day.
Life at my age is mellow....

The DOR is glad I am enjoying my retirement. She says I am a grand horse and that no horse will ever come close to being like me. Well there you go, I am one of a kind.
Life is so good! Oh and Jack told me to remember to say: Enjoy your day and don't forget to hug your DOR

5 comments:

Leah Fry said...

Every good horse deserves such a lovely retirement. Enjoy every nap, every nibble of mush.

Betty said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your retirement with such caring people as mushboy and the DOR. You are a very lucky horse.
~~ Hugs and Smooches to you and Jack.

Unknown said...

Shiloh highly suggests snorting at the younger geldings.

--Lily

Let me know if you have any mash left over.

--Cibolo

Desert Rose said...

What a lucky guy you are to have such a wonderful DOR!!!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Sounds like a perfect way to spend a day! Reading about it made me smile ,I am so glad you are enjoying a peaceful retirement

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates