10/30/2008

Book Tag

Thanks to Cowgirl Up I have been book tagged.

  1. Grab the nearest book.

  2. Open the book to page 56.

  3. Find the fifth sentence.

  4. Post the text of the next two to five sentences.

  5. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the cool book or the intellectual one. Pick the Closest.

  6. Tag five people to do the same.

    As you know the DOR has taken up working on our feet again so she is reading alot of books about hooves. The one she has by the computer is Making Natural Hoof Care Work for You: A Hands-on Manual for Natural Hoof Care by Pete Ramey
  7. As I have repeated throughout this book, every horse was born to wear the low, strong heel of the ild horse model, but through unnatural trimming and living conditions the coffin bone actually sinks lower in the hoof capsule than it should be, taking the live corium at the heel with it. this means that usually we cannot lower the heel as far as we would like and still maintain the 3/8 inch thick sole, and ther is not a firm heel height that is right for all horses. With consistent trimming or wear, the boan and thus the corium are somehow pushed back up in the hoof capsule. Understanding of this phenomenon would help us understand why a wild hoof averages almost a full inch shorter than the hooves of most domestic horses the same size.

This book is a good basic overview/starter book to natural hoof care.

Next on the tag list:

Rambling Woods~The Road Less Traveled

The Painted Veil

Crunchy Chicken

Margie and Edna's Basement

Red Pine Mountain

I am looking forward to seeing what everyone is reading.

Enjoy your day and don't forget to hug your DOR

3 comments:

Rambling Woods said...

The book nearest to me is an Atlas, but I don't think that fits the bill..so I will see what is the next one that is really a book...

Jackie said...

Well jack the closest book to me right now is William Wordsworth-An anthology.

He is my favorite poet and this little book stays on my desk all the time.

My a quote from his writings might be fantastic or it might be a little scary.

But, we will see. I just made a note of this tag Jack on my pad and I will get to it as soon as possible.

As usual jack I am backed up with an incredible schedule. I will do my best to get this up some time next week.

Thanks for thinking of me Jack and I hope you had a Happy Halloween!!:-)))

The Silver Age Sara said...

I just did a Meme from Karen Zemek today but tomorrow I'll do the book one. It's lots of fun. Thanks for thinking of me :)

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates