10/09/2008

Vote for Sunny Acres please.


For those of you who don't know I live at a wonderful place called Sunny Acres Ranch. The picture is of a section of one of the many pastures there. The lady who manages the boarding facility is one of the greatest people you could ever meet, her name is Shelly. Shelly also rescues horses, she was the lady who rescued Salty The Wonder Horse. Currently she has several horses at the ranch she has rescued and is rehabbing ...she does all of this at her own expense. Shelly makes sure every horse has its teeth done yearly by an equine dentist, regular farrier work, the dietary supplements they need, vetted as needed, and training before she places them up for adoption. She also has rescued horses who will live their lives out at her ranch, they are ones with very special needs, older, or who have an issue that prevents them from being anything other than a pasture ornament. These horses live like royalty for the rest of their lives. Shelly has an opportunity to receive some grant money through a contest. I am attaching her message below. Please help me help my friend...thanks.

Petfinder is sponsoring a $100,000 contest for rescues. Through the $100,000 Animal Rescue Site Shelter Challenge, they are giving away a total of $100,000 in grants. The Animal Rescue Site is hosting this special contest. The grand prize is a $25,000 grant and there are numerous other grants available to groups with the most votes!In order for Sunny Acres to win anything though, I need everyone to vote for us.....every day! You do this by going to www.theanimalrescuesite.com. After you CLICK TO GIVE, you will be able to click on ads located at both the top and the bottom of the page for the $100,000 Animal Rescue Site Shelter Challenge. Enter Grandview and WA, and Sunny Acres will come up. Then you just click on the VOTE button. You can vote EVERY DAY, through December 15, 2008. Please pass along this info to all your friends and acquaintances too. I have three horses in rehab right now. All three are going to be long hauls. I work two jobs to support my rescues and never solicit donations. So, if Sunny Acres can win anything, it would be a huge help. I'm also up against some HUGE rescues with lots of people. Thanks for all your help, and please spread the word!
Blessings,Shellywww.sunnyacresranch.com

Enjoy your day and don't forget to hug your DOR

8 comments:

Train Wreck said...

Oh God bless you! How wonderful to have a beautiful spot for al the older and unwanted horses. I will check out the link you left. THanks for stoppping by, You Appy is beautiful. We don't have to many around here...I can't think of any of our friends that have one? I think they are beautiful. I am also sorry to hear of your heart problems? I am happy to hear you are doing better though! Take care and try not to "over" do it!

Grey Horse Matters said...

I'll check out the site and see what I can do. We've taken in a few pasture ornaments in our time too.I know how hard it is to get in older horses(Sweetie, our 25 yr. old Arabian rescue) and have to deal with their issues.Your friend sounds like a good person.

Florida Beach Basics said...

I already visit the pet rescue site every day, so will certainly add my vote.

Andrea said...

How wonderful to have a spot for horses to retire. I will definatley vote for ya!!

Rambling Woods said...

I will do what I can to help...

Five O'Clock Somewhere said...

That place looks like heaven! I will surely put in my vote.

PS I love your horse!

Jackie said...

Oh my what a wonderful blog you have. And what a beautiful thing you are doing.

I agree that it looks like you're in heaven. I will try my very best to get by and vote as much as I can.

I am already dedicated through Tuesday at least of next week to promised postings and memes.

But, I will try my best to remember to get by here and do a post about this!!

Blessings:-))

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Thanks so very much to all of you.
I also appreciate the complements on Jack-he is that "once in a life time horse". He has a way of making the world seem just right. The really neat thing is that my friend Shelly is the one that got the two of us together-I was looking for the last horse I would buy for myself and she knew that Jack would be the perfect guy for the job.

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates