6/17/2010

Bring your best


This is an old photo of Jack and I working with his nemesis the white grocery sack. One of the other lessons that I have learned from Jack, along with other horses, is to bring your best.
Every time I work with Jack he gives me his best. In return I give him the best I have. Some days my best is better than others, but whatever my best is for the day is what I put out there. Jack knows when I am slacking and not doing my best. On those days he pushes me until he gets my best, he never settles for less. I thought about this behavior of his and realized that is what I do with my students, I ask for their best and push them until I get it. Seems like my little spotted horse is a wise teacher.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

6/17
Dear Jack,
I have had a migraine headache for the past two days. I hate these headaches because I feel so sick. I wish you were here, you seem to mitigate my headaches. I am moving my office to the new building.
I have still been doing my therapy, it is hard some days.
I am so excited because you are coming home tomorrow afternoon. We will carry on your therapy here for the next month until you need to go back for a re-evaluation.
See you soon Boogie!
Love the DOR

0 comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates