6/15/2010

Importance of the herd, another lesson learned


The little horse in front is Jack's Shandi Doll. She is hanging out with Beau and his harem while Jack is gone.
I have a tendency to do things on my own. I don't like asking for help, it makes me feel like I am not doing enough. At work I would rather do things myself than ask others to do things, I am getting better about my job change because I have no choice. I am also a bit on the shy side, my family says I am a recluse-I know a bit hard to believe. I was the kid that would cry if the teacher called on them in class. I can't stand crowds, a visit to WalMart can set off a panic attack.
Jack has taught me that the herd is important. Each member has a role to play and each role is important. That there is a security to be found with others, a camaraderie that enriches your life. With Jack's help I have gone to clinics and ridden with people I don't know, something that I couldn't have done without his lessons. I find that I want to venture out and expand my herd, add friends, and have new experiences. Maybe one day I will go on an extended trip to a several day horse clinic, ride with a whole herd of strangers an not feel panicked at all.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

6/14
Dear Jack,
Your Shandi Doll was herding llamas today. She seems to be having fun playing with the big girls.
I did some extra walking today. I may have done a bit too much because my ankle swelled up. I guess we can want too much too fast.
A friend sent me a photo of an appaloosa that is in Australia that reminded her of you. While he was nice looking he couldn't hold a candle to your good looks. I bet if you visited Australia you would be a rock star in no time.
I hope your therapy is going well. Remember to give the therapists plenty of smooches, it will earn you extra carrots.
Love the DOR

3 comments:

Cheryl Ann said...

What is your job change? I like a routine, too...change is SCARY! As an only child, I was always pretty shy, but as a teacher, I've had to overcome that!

~~Cheryl Ann~~

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Cheryl I was appointed the Director of Special Services and made a principal of a small school

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates