6/24/2010

Dinner to go


My order is to go please....
Does this bucket go with my outfit?
I got major bling going on!
I am just trying to look like the puffed up rooster in the pasture next to me...
Okay enough joking. The DOR fed me my treats and supplements in a hanging feed tub because one of the exercises I am supposed to do has to do with tucking my head and keeping it up, something about a telescope. She hangs the bucket so she can rub on me while I eat. Well the other day she had to hurry off to a meeting and didn't have time to rub on me, imagine not spending time with me-well I had to do something. As she was pulling down the driveway she looked over to wave goodbye and the SCC said, "Look Jack is carrying his treat tub around the pasture like Hank used to do." and laughed. The DOR saw the bucket swing and realized I didn't have it in my mouth. So the car was stopped, the SCC headed out first followed by the DOR and the tub was unhooked. Mission accomplished-I got more attention.
The DOR was puzzled because in the three years she has used these tubs something like this has never happened. Well of course it has never happened, it is a feat that has to be done purposely. I don't think she will be short changing me attention in the future.
Enjoy your day and don't forget to hug your DOR!

The DOR here,
I have to tell you that only a couple of months ago this would have had Jack in a tizzy. He would have been snorting, blowing, and dancing around as we tried to help him. Jack is an emotional horse and when things go side-ways he has a tendency to react and not think, which makes him tricky to handle when he is scared. So what has changed? Throughout the journey we have taken since Jack's accident he has learned that I am always looking out for him, that I will protect him, and that he can trust me. These things have come about in part because I have learned the same things about him-he will look out for me, he will protect me, and I can trust him.
I am so proud that he dealt with this weird situation with a calm, thinking head...we have come a long way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Yay Jack! Yay DOR!

I loved this paragraph:
"he has learned that I am always looking out for him, that I will protect him, and that he can trust me. These things have come about in part because I have learned the same things about him-he will look out for me, he will protect me, and I can trust him."

It almost brought me to tears in fact.
Isn't this what it's all about anyway?

So happy for you guys.
And yes Jack looks dashing in his black and pink blingie combo. lol!

~Lisa

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Boy oh boy! that took soime doin ' I bet !

Desert Rose said...

Before I even read the post I was thinking the same thing as your DOR stated at the end of the post...Jack...you've come a long way Baby!!! Good luck with your continued health and continued peace of mind when dealing with scary situations!!!

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates