6/19/2010

Freedom speaks Saturday


I don't like shelter hogs! Salty and I manage to share one side of the shelter just fine during the day. I have my own side that I get put in for the night to eat my mush. Now it seems that we have a shelter hog in our mist. Coelho won't share.... He stands in my side of the shelter and makes pinny eared meanie faces at anyone who tries to join him. To make matters worse he makes pinny eared meanie faces and charges at any horse trying to use the other side. Salty and I will stand with our heads in the other side just to bug Coelho, but poor Rainie just stands under the tree where we have our coffee breaks. Salty and I are thinking that Coelho needs his bottom kicked, but neither of us are up to doing the job. Maybe Coelho needs to go back in with Sir Darby to be chased around a bit. That might remind him to be nicer and to share with his friends. Oh well, I get my side all to myself every night and that is when I like being in the shelter, the rest of the time the big old tree is perfectly fine with me-plus I get to hang out with a lovely spotted mare.
Life is so good!

6/19
Dear Jack,
I was disappointed when you had to wait to come home. Turns out it was a good thing because I spent all of Friday in bed sick. I feel better today, but not 100% yet. I am looking forward to you coming home this afternoon, I miss you Boogie.
Have a safe journey and see you soon.
Love the DOR

3 comments:

Leah Fry said...

Sorry Jack's homecoming got delayed, but he'll be home soon. Hope you're feeling better.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Naughty Coelho! Sounds like he need to learn how to share and have good manners.

I'm sorry you weren't able to go home sooner, but I hope the extra day helps your DOR feel better.

By the way, are those floral paintings in those stalls????

What a life!
~Lisa

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Lisa,
Those are floral flags,I have real flowers in the hanging tubs and planted around the outside of the shelter

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates