11/05/2008

Election Speech


Good morning and welcome to my barn!

While I won the popular vote on my blog, I did not win the Presidency.

I would like to thank everyone who supported the dream of a little spotted (well not so little) spotted horse and his aged running mate.

It was great to be a part of this historical, and sometimes hysterical, event. We have shown that America is ready for change and open to new ideas. With that in mind I will continue to work behind the scenes to improve life for all of the world's creatures.

Salty says I can be the president of the paddocks, but he is still the boss of the pasture (sounds like some human marriages I have seen). Freedom is going to continue in his role as the acting ambassador for horses over 40. I am working on my platform for the next election, I am working on my human outreach and education. I will also be busy furthering the DORs education.

Regardless of who you voted for, who you wished to hold the office of President, it is time we all pull together. The world is a small place and we all need each other...our very survival depends on it. Please work with me to set aside our differences, seize this opportunity for what it is-the chance to make things better. We must open lines of communication, it is an art we have lost. We really don't communicate anymore, we just talk...blah, blah, blah. Without real communication we not be able to move forward in our attempt to make the world a better place for all creatures.

Again my thanks for your support.

Enjoy your day and don't forget to hug your DOR

4 comments:

Train Wreck said...

Oh I did not get over here soon enough! My vote could have counted! I need to pay better attention! SOunds like you have your hands full at your barn, good luck in your keeping things running smoothly!

Rambling Woods said...

Jack..you did a beautiful job of highlighting some of the problems that face human and horse...

Jackie said...

Jack I think you did a wonderful job and I almost wrote your name in too!!

But you can see here,

http://shinade.blogspot.com/2008/11/wordless-wednesday-change.html

who my final choice was!!

Have a great week Jack and maybe next time around you will win!!:-)))

The W.O.W. factor! said...

I'm sorry Cactus Jack, that you didn't make it...must have been those electoral votes, cuz I'm sure you got the popular vote!
Change is good! Maybe in 4 yrs you can shift your spots a tad....

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates