3/07/2009

Dandy spots

I have a little sister named Dandy. She is my full sister but you would never know it to look at us, we are colored so different. While I am a a blanketed appy Dandy is a snowflake appy.
I have what my DOR calls Dandy spots. I have one on my right hind leg just above my hock and one just behind my withers on the left side. The one on my hock is the easiest to see. These spots are the same color as my little sister. I think it is a bit odd that I have those spots...the DOR says it is something special.
My sister and I have similar personalities. Dandy is very athletic and strong. She has a more refined version of my build...okay so her butt isn't as big as mine, but she doesn't have my beefy muscles either. She doesn't snort as much as me, but I am trying to get her to. We get to play "bite face" across the fenceline. I also get to watch her boss around the gelding who is supposed to be in charge of the herd. Dandy gives him heck...I think she really runs the show.
The DOR loves my Dandy spots, but not as much as she loves my heart spots.
I just want to know why Dandy doesn't have any Jack spots...well Dandy why don't you?
The farrier and equine therapist are out for their monthly visit today. We are all going to have fancy feet and relaxed muscles. Hope you all are having a relaxing day also.
Enjoy your day and don't forget to hug your DOR


3 comments:

mommanator said...

equine therapist had me thinking you all were going to be psychoanalysed! made me laugh at myself for thinking such a weird thing!

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Hi Jack- I've been out of town and didn't have time to keep track of my on-line friends. Now I'm home and happy to read about you. Nice spots, sir!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

It's nice that you share your neighborhood with your Sister, Cactus!
And it's ok that she runs the show across from you and has a smaller hiney...She's a Mare! What more can be said?

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates