3/12/2009

Skywatch Friday No. 35

On Monday we had a bit of everything for weather. First we got rain, then snow, then hail the size of peas, wind, and more snow! Must be spring. The result of the weather were some very pretty clouds.

I liked how some of the clouds were dark and menacing, then there were the light fluffy clouds right around the edge.



I took this photo on my way home from Ellensburg. I was up there for a horse rescue meeting and got to enjoy a lovely full moon the entire drive home.

Please go visit the other great Skywatch participants at Skywacth Friday There are wonderful photos from all around the world!Enjoy your day and don't forget to hug your DOR

Edited at 7:00 PM to add: I just got home from the ranch. Freedom's surgery went fine, the vet is confident that she got all of the cancer. He is up, moving around, and was a bit upset that he had to wait for an hour after waking up to get his evening mush. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for the old guy.

17 comments:

restoration42 said...

Three wonderful photos. The full moon is gorgeous. What a beginning to Spring!

Florida Beach Basics said...

That's good news! marge

nature ramblings said...

Great series of sky pictures. The moon photo looks like a snowy landscape, or is it my imagination. Thanks for sharing! By the way, you have a great blog.

Guy D said...

All are great shots, I especially like that last one of the moon.

Have a great weekend!
Guy
Regina In Pictures

wilsonc said...

Thanks for the update on Freedom. So glad to hear he is doing well. Love the pictures.

Powell River Books said...

The moon shot is my favourite. I still haven't gotten used to the new time, but I do like the longer days. - Margy

Aspen Photography said...

I love them all very, very nice. I am glad everything went well with the surgery

Amanda said...

Beautiful photos !! Outstanding!!

imac said...

Nice collection of sky photos from you this week.

mommanator said...

greta pics of the sky! and just how did you get such great shot of the moon? when I take the moon it never comes out that well

Caprice- said...

Jack- Glad to hear Freedom is cancer-free! Nice shots of the moon and clouds. Sandy and Dani really like the pics your DOR takes.
Caprice

Anonymous said...

Love the skywatch. And "Way to go, Freedom"!

Victoria Cummings said...

So glad that Freedom is doing well. We're been lighting the candles for him. Thanks for the update.

Unknown said...

Beautiful series of skywatch images.

This is my first time to your blog and my my I was stunning by your choice of template. Its just so appropriate and awesome. I like to see blogs where the owner puts some effort to maintain it.

congrats.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

I got the picture of the moon at the view spot just outside of Ellensburg. The wind was blowing pretty hard so using the night setting just got me blurs. I got in the car, rolled down the window, braced on the open window sill and took the photo with the regular day setting. On that setting it is really hard to tell how bright the night was, but it was the only way I could get the shutter speed fast enough not to get a blur.
I am glad you enjoyed the photos. Thanks for your comments on Freedom, we are thrilled that he will still be watching over the ranch, he is very much loved.

Lux said...

Gorgeous sky pictures!

Unknown said...

If happiness is the measure of success then you are one successful woman :)
The world needs more posts like this.
Thank you for sharing!

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates