3/11/2009

Wordless Wednesday

I thought I would share some pictures of the grand old man Freedom for wordless Wednesday. Not much I can say about Freedom, other than he is one of the finest horses I have had the pleasure of knowing. He is the energizer bunny and never ceases to amaze us. We love this old guy!




Watching the happenings across the road. Freedom was a 1.5 on the Heneke scale when the DOR rescued him...now she has to watch his weight. Maybe the two of them should join the local gym.
Taking care of his Nikki.
Showing the young punks how to go down a trail. Well actually here he is showing them the proper way to take a rest and grab a snack.
Teaching my neice to ride.
Pretty spry for an old guy.
Watching over the herd...actually looking for a calf to steal. Freedom loves calves and will swipe one and not give it back to its mother. He is a good babysitter.
Still on guard duty.

Taking good care of his boy. Freedom is the horse that Dakota rode when he got serious about learning to ride, up until then he just puttered around on Salty the Wonder Horse.
Enjoy your day and don't forget to hug your DOR

7 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

I love your pictures.

I miss having horses.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Freedonm looks like a wonderful fellow and handsome!So lucky that he and the DOR found each other, when he needed her.

Betty said...

Great pictures. Freedom has a heart on his butt too. That must be because both of you are loved and love.
Hugs and smooches

Grey Horse Matters said...

Freedom looks like a great guy.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful horse..I don't understand how anyone could neglect or abuse such wonderful animals..or any animal.

Jackie said...

Oh jack I lost your link and couldn't find you anywhere!! i am so glad to see you.

What a wonderful WW!! you are doing fantastic.

I really needed to see you jack. that's right I needed a Jack fix!!

Happy WW:-)

P.S. I am adding your link back into my blog roll...I don;t know how it got lost!!:-)

restoration42 said...

Senior Horses are absolute treasures. Freedom is soooooo lucky that the DOR knows how lucky she is to have him. He is one senior who will NEVER have an add on Craig's List "Looking for someone to love my senior horse".

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates