3/31/2009

Log master


There are some logs out in my pasture. They will be there for a couple of days. The DOR thinks they are a great opportunity for me to work on some trail skills.
I saw her and headed over to see if she had any treats.

I even walked between two logs to reach her. The DOR was pleased with that because I have a tendency to get a bit nervous if I am under pressure or feel squeezed at all.

I even stepped over a log on my own to reach her pocket...I know there are sour apple treats in there.

Okay DOR cough up the treats, I can smell them! She gave me a treat then had me walk over the log a few more times.
Here I am trying to look very cute while stepping over the log. The DOR put a halter on me and had me practice lining up for mounting next to a log. I did it twice and exactly right, I was making up for being a bit of a pill yesterday. I also want to show her this trail stuff is no big deal. She sent me over the log and I showed her I would have absolutely no problem jumping it from either direction.

Here is a video of me strutting over the log.
Yep I fear no log that is in my pasture.
I am trying to shove this one around, I think it needs to be a little to the left to keep the Fung Shui of the pasture.
Enjoy your day and don't forget to hug your DOR

14 comments:

mrscravitz said...

Loving the thoughts that go through your mind!

DeniseinVA said...

You are one beautiful horse. Please tell your DOR that I think she takes great photos and your video is pretty special too :))) Have a great day both of you.

Jocelyn said...

what a good boy ! Star is more of a " leaper" when she isnt cure what to do. ;)

Grey Horse Matters said...

What a brave horse you are to not be afraid of those logs. And going over the one in the video love your form.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Good Boy Jack!!
Boy you look so similar to Catana and you move in a similar way , Does the DOR know your pedigree?

Betty said...

It was a pleasur to see you in your video your moves are so smooth.You are a very lovely horse.
I am proud of you for the progress you have made.
Hugs and Smooches

Powell River Books said...

It has been so long since I've been on a trail ride. My last horse, Cowboy, was a great trail horse, unlike my former horse, Misty. But I loved them both. Take you DR on a good trail with lots of logs to show off your stuff. - Margy

Desert Rose said...

Guess there were no snorts??? Glad the log was not an issue for you and the DOR!

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Fernvalley I do know his pedigree if you are interested.
Thanks for the compliments...Jack is really a good guy. I am very fortunate that we found eachother, or rather that we got set up on a date.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Sure I would be interested in Jacks pedigree, Catana is the Mare I had to sadly put down last fall, She was an amazing horse!! her pedigree is here http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/chileens+catana
Also if you are interested her story ,or a bit of it can be found here http://fernvalley01.blogspot.com/2008/09/letting-go.html

Andrea said...

Those do look like a lot of fun!! Your DOR has the right idea!! And I loved that little video of you going over the one log. You looked so calm and relaxed!!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Hey Cactus Jack! We have a log packin' dog here...could send him your way to remove those for you! Cowboy is getting frustrasted cuz he has to move them back to where HE wants them!
And hey....is that S.U.N. I see? How do you rate?

Izile said...

He's so pretty! I absolutely love his color pattern!

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates